Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Moving hosts.. shudder...

I got my reply to my ticket submission requesting a content review and Jeremy wants me to schedule a phone meeting. All the slots on his Jiffle calendar are post midnight my time zone, so I'll email to try to set something up for next week. 

He also mentioned that there have been some issues with HostGator for the Partnership project, so they'll be moving the sites. 

I backed up my site and am downloading the whole directory JIC. I can't imagine trying to move 59 database sites. 

Since I started hosting at FutureQuest.net, I've only had nightmares with other hosts. So yes, I pay a bit more in hosting, but for my peace of mind it's worth it. Today I just put in my request for MySQL5 upgrades on my sites so I can be a good girl and keep my WP versions up to date. I'm out of date on all of them.

59 sites to move. This sounds like a disaster in the making, I have to say. It's not like they're static sites, they're all WordPress based. I think I'm going to try some of the new dark rum based drinks I downloaded from recipezaar.com soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment