Friday, October 15, 2010

Update 15 October, 2010

Hi Jeremy,
Sorry I haven't been in touch much. I had the holidays to deal with among other things.

Tasks accomplished recently:
1. I did make single blogger sites for each of the models with keyword based domain names, linked them together and then linked to them from my Squidoo page. Within two weeks Google had shut down three of them for triggering the spam filter. So I removed the remaining ones immediately as well as the links from Squidoo. I see that domain squatting is not simple, and I don't think it's really my goal to learn how to do it.

2. Traffic on the site is still low. The webmaster tool in Google is showing more of the profile back links, as well as the ezine article links and such. I aggregated my profile URL's into an RSS feed, and went ahead and linked to that from my blog. Currently there are only 50 profiles, but the majority of the other sites that I checked on Knowem.com have little or nothing to offer. I subscribed to the newsletter mentioned in the  forums, Paulie Ciara's Backlink newsletter, and  try to choose one of those each week to add.

3. I am working on a downloadable ebook like I had in my wireframe. Mostly I am cutting and pasting information from my site so that it's not hugely time consuming. I signed up for the Netbook Buyers Guide ebook from NetbookReviews.com, and they do a nice set of follow up emails afterwards as well.

4. I made a Facebook Page.

Questions:

1.  I started the clustered posts, but I need to solve the menu problem for me to even easily navigate the site. What day would work for you this week for a Skype session?
2. I'm not too keen on signing up for a paid newsletter service before there's traffic to the site. I set up a mailing list in the Cpanel, but I am not totally familiar with the settings in cPanel, as I use different hosting. What are your suggestions for being able to capture email address for two or three brief follow up emails to folks who download my ebook?

Hope all is well after that fire!

Best,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment