Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Niche Marketing -- you need content

I'm caught up on our current tasks, and am trying to wrap my mind around wire frames. I haven't done them previously, most likely to the detriment of my sites.

Mean while, I wanted to share one of the tasks we had in researching our niche. Make a list of 10 forums and blogs in your niche and then note 10 topics that are most popular on each site. Boom, 100 content ideas. This gives you a glimpse of the customers out there and what their questions are, what interests them, and what bothers them in your niche.

There you have 100 article ideas that already serves the community interested in your product. Or perhaps less than 100, as you may see some of the same topics come up over and over. That's also important, as those topics are the ones that you really want to make sure you address with your content.

Jeremy has begun providing our task worksheets in .csv format rather than an online form to fill out, which I prefer. I open the form in my Google Docs and work on it from anywhere. In fact, on my new desktop I haven't purchased MSOffice, I've gone with Open Office and Google Docs. Since I still have a day job, I like having my documents "in the cloud".   

No comments:

Post a Comment