Saturday, March 13, 2010

Starting the Site!

Woohoo! Access to my cPanel (oh, good, it's improved a lot since the last time I had to deal with a cPanel host. I generally host at FutureQuest.net, who has their own proprietary control panel), domain name set up, email address set up (no autosetup for Windows 7 yet, and I'm not getting it set up right, will just probably forward to a gmail address), first draft of site design approved.

Another good discussion with Jeremy about the importance of excellent content (check out this article on fast food content) and going over the website design. Cleared using a Squidoo page as a temporary landing page for some ezine articles, later to use the Squidoo page primarily as a funnel to our partner website.

I also have not yet opened separate advertising accounts and affiliate accounts yet for the partnership, so I need to start doing that. Now that I have a web address to call home, it's time to start getting to that, too.

In the mean time, I had a cold last week and didn't get much but basic slogging through the day job and trying to get well again. Still coughing a bit, so hopefully I'll be totally better soon and have more energy. Thinking about how best to start getting some time to go and do some video and photo shoots for our website, too. To fully research this niche hands on, I need to get out of my little town and into a big city. Good excuse for an excursion!

No comments:

Post a Comment