Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Webinar on Niche Selection

Let me start this post by saying that Jeremy amazes me.

I recently read a free report by Brian Tracy on goal setting as part of my local dream team (mini Mastermind style group). I worked about half way through it and got stuck on the goal setting process. You see, my goals were not tangibles like increasing sales of my beret pattern or losing 20 lbs (both of which I would also like to achieve), but things like launching my children successfully, finding meaning and fulfillment in my job, and having a life long love relationship with God.

Try to figure out individual steps to those goals...

But my dream team colleagues gave me an extra nudge (isn't that what a dream team is for?) and made the suggestion of "measurable" tasks.  For instance for the goal regarding my relationship with God I am already using the techniques enumerated by C. Robert Cloninger and the products produced at www.anthropediafoundation.org/ . So I can set measurable goals such as doing one act of kindness a day, one act of hope a day, and doing one "Quieting the Mind" exercise a day.

Well, I listened to the recorded webinar (couldn't make it to the live one), and behold, Jeremy has broken out niche selection into measurable tasks. Great! "If if is measured, it can improve" is his motto. So there are a lot of measurements in this process to keep us all aware of what can be improved. I like it.

Okay off to start on my tasks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment