Sunday, January 17, 2010

Working with a human, not a superbeing alien ;)

Jeremy is so much like the rest of us in terms of sometimes getting caught up in technical details and not always seeing into the future. ;) What a great thing! Imagine if you had partnered with a superbeing alien who never made mistakes and couldn't imagine getting stuck on a technical detail. That could be a nightmare for us mere mortals.

Our 3rd webinar was on Wednesday 13 Jan., and I just had to sleep (I'm in GMT +2 and it didn't start until 11 pm here). I logged in to the Adobe Connect site to make sure my system was set up, but then I really had to get sleep, since I had to get to my day job in the morning, grab a sample and travel to another town over an hour away to learn some new techniques and get help with analysing the sample. It just wasn't a night to try staying up until midnight and risk the lack of functionality the next day.

This was the first time on Adobe Connect for many of us. Evidently GoTo Meeting is a problem for chat on Mac clients. Since there are some Mac users among the partners, Jeremy decided to go with the across platform functionality of Adobe Connect.

However the new technical glitch is the recorded files. Evidently they're huge. So he's going to re-record them, and I missed the Q&A because I couldn't make the live webinar.  Not everything is possible all of the time. I successfully logged in and saw chat fine in Chrome (my current browser of choice, because it's a LOT faster than IE or FF, though I MISS MY GOOGLE TOOLBAR TERRIBLY IN IT).

Still in niche selection process. I'm excited to see the new worksheets up, because this will break down into tasks the process of niche selection. I've gone through a lot of these steps before in my own business, but I see that just putting things in spreadsheet format itself is also helpful for getting a clearer picture.

More after I complete some more tasks and see how things are going on the niche selection unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment