Friday, January 1, 2010

I got accepted!!!

When I got the email from Jeremy Palmer (I'm on his mailing list as a customer having purchased High Performance Affiliate Marketing when it first came out) that he was offering partnerships for 2010, I actually didn't jump right away. http://2010.quityourdayjob.com/

I hummed and hahhhed.

I've had to go back to full time employment since June 2006, and my goals include doing a Ph.D., not exactly quitting my day job.

But I really don't like working a 40 hour work week, and my profession doesn't pay well. Wouldn't it be grand to work because I like it and only work the hours I need to get the work done and have enough income from another source? On the other hand, I return from work pretty exhausted to a home life including making dinner, dealing with teenage children, and often more household chores on top of that. How could I possibly make a commitment to another 10 hours a week of my life?

So I left the application page open in a browser window for a few days to think.

I decided to apply. I had been working on goal setting for the last few months, and having a sustainable online income could only help all the goals.

I applied, choosing the 3 payment plan. Not cheap, but Jeremy has guaranteed making back the deposit. I know I can make that much, I already do, in a year with my own sites that remain from my previous online business.

And then I waited. When I checked the page after not receiving a reply in 24 business hours, it said they'd gotten swamped with applications and the application page was closed.

Oh, no, what if I'd applied after they closed it. I'd left that browser window open.

So I waited more. A week later was Christmas day, so I waited the weekend.

I wrote to Jeremy, attaching a copy of the PayPal receipt, since it is in my corporation's name.

Jeremy replied and had a few more questions, but seemed positive.

I replied to his questions and added two of my own.

One of them was about blogging this experience. ;)

I'm accepted! Whooo hooo!

I can't tell you how much this has given me hope that I will once again have an online income that is significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment